Exhibit of faculty, students and alumni.
The Collin College Art Department provides students and faculty with an environment that fosters excellence in teaching, creative work and research, and a department-wide focus on student-centered learning.
- Provide a solid foundation in the skilled use of materials, tools and techniques associated with a wide range of artistic and classroom practices.
- Promote interest in and knowledge of key issues and processes relating to contemporary and historical art, artists and educators.
- Engender comprehension of visual language as a means of communication.
- Foster an understanding of the larger role that the visual arts and design play in society.
- Enable students to explore issues of diversity, especially in terms of the art world and its cultural influences and audiences.
- Encourage experimentation, intellectual risk-taking, and critical reading/writing/thinking.
Collin College offers a wide range of art classes in well-equipped studio labs located at the Preston Ridge Campus in Frisco and the Central Park Campus in McKinney.
The 33,000 square-foot Visual Arts Center at the Spring Creek Campus houses several state of the art studio labs as well as THE ARTS gallery, which provides a viewing and exhibition space for students, faculty and the community.
Find out more about the Collin College Art Department at http://www.collin.edu/art/.
Collin College Art Exhibit is #10 on the Tour Map
Located in the Collin College PRC Library, Building L
9700 Wade Boulevard
The PRC Library is in the center of campus.
Access the library from the north parking area.
Note: This exhibit opens at 1:00pm on Sunday, October 16.